Monday, February 1, 2010

Bye...

It was all he wrote.
I feel like my heart has been stabbed a thousand times.
The second those words came out, I was hit with a crecendo of emotions.
With every word I replay in my head,
I am stabbed once more.
Those sneaky words I replay over and over,
Until they press against my skin and pierce it.
Sometimes I cant believe I hear those words come out that sly mouth of yours.
It's like everything you've ever said was canceled out and replaced with just one word.

I look in the mirror,
Press down on the puffy flesh around my eyes,
While the tears race one another down my face.
How did this happen?
How could we have such a misunderstanding?
Isn't that what love is supposed to be about?
Understanding, Trust, Care.
You would think if you love someone, you wouldn't put them in certain situations.
Different thoughts present themselves in my head.
Some I'd be too ashamed to say out loud.

For some reason it never fails to surprise me;
These words that float out that mouth.

I look back in the mirror,
Look closely at the detailed lines of mascara accross my face,
Analyze them,
Compare the harsh lines to my now red skin.
How they contrast.
Match every stabbing word to every disoriented line.
Theres nothing worse than the hurt we recieve as a result of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment