Friday, February 5, 2010

Thoughts.

I was on the phone with a friend the other night and we start talking about my love life.
Its been complicated lately so he asks "Whats your definition of love?"
I don't really put much thought into my answer because I usually cant think of a good one, when put on the spot.
So I say something generic that I cant even remember now.

Later I got ta thinking about it and presented the question on my facebook.
I mostly got answers like "its bullshit" and such.
I got some good ones, but none really stood out to me.

I decided that love is a VERY hard thing to define.
Theres so many things you would have to include to explain what it is.

Listening to the Christina song I posted below, I realized how much the words made sense to me.
If you've ever been in love then you really understand why she sings the lyrics she sings.

When you're in love, that person makes you do things you otherwise wouldn't.
You go through pain together to go through happiness and repeat the cycle.
You put aside your pride for that one person.
You say hello when that person says goodbye and vice versa if you truly love that person.
That person teaches you things each day that you cant learn from anyone else.
You go go back despite your habit of waiting for them to come to you, in hopes that they would do the same.
That person makes you a better person everyday.


"You're gonna save me from myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment