Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Abuse

I know people debate the commonly used phrase
"Once a cheater, always a cheater"
Personally, I dont think thats true.

But what if it was physical and/or verbal abuse?
Is it different?
Do you think if someone was to physically harm someone, they would always be that way?

That question was brought up today on a radio show I regularly listen to.
It made me and my ma think a little.
Is it possible that someone could go through the process of making the nessesary adjustments such as anger management to make sure they never harm anyone again and it actually work?

In the case of cheating, I believe that someone may be a cheater
Yeah they may cheat on every boyfriend/girlfriend they have
But if they were to meet the person they were meant to be with
The RIGHT person
They would stop
Thats just my opinion

I think abuse is different
I think once the male puts his hands on a female and knows the rush,
knows the power
he'll do it again

I also think theres more to it than just physical
In most cases its verbal and phsycological
Theres usually controlling and possessive behavior along with it

For the women that wonder to themselves
"Should I go back to him? He says hes changed and he's gone through the program."
I would say dont
It only takes one time
Maybe that one time he hits you, you die
You never know...It only takes one
Why would you wanna put yourself at such risk
Then in going back to that person, they feel as if they can do anything to you and you'll take them back.
Do you really wanna be scared of that person?
Always thinking what would happen if you got that person mad so you tip-toe around certain things to prevent the slightest disagreement.

At the first sign of controlling behavior, get out.

If you are being abused or know someone who is, call
1-800-799-SAFE (7233)

I know I sound like a commercial, but its a serious issue.
More than half of the domestic violence cases have never been reported.

-Mya

No comments:

Post a Comment