Friday, March 5, 2010

Academy Awards

Photobucket

So I'm driving in the truck. Picking up my brother from school.
While I'm waiting for him in the parking lot, I'm listening to my favorite radio show (Slacker & Steve 105.9).
They start talking about the Academy awards and I get more interested so I turn the volume up just a little more.
I had been planning to watch the Academy awards since I seen the commercial for it on tv about a month or two ago.
I even put the alarm in my calendar on my phone for it so I dont forget lol.

Anyway, like I was saying...They start talking about it.
Slacker starts saying that he wants poor people to call in and explain if they are offended by the awards this year and at this point, I'm getting really confused.
I dont really know what they're talking about so I listen more intently.

The first woman calls in and Slacker explains that supposedly they have asked everyone attending the award ceremony to "dress down" this year because people watching the awards at home are poor, basically.

I wasnt really offended as much as I was disappointed.

People dont watch award shows to see who wins.
Well maybe some do, but I dont really care.
I watch to see what people are wearing!
I want to see the glamour, the name brands that I cant afford.

People watch award shows to get away from their own life for a little while.
To fantasize about themselves being at the Oscars.
Its a get-away for people.

If people attending were to "dress down" for it, their ratings, frankly, are going to be really low.
I know I wont watch the whole thing.
I dont wanna see Penelope Cruz in a blouse and some jeans.
I want to see her in a beautiful gown.

I really hope this is all a lie lol.
Gahhhh

1 comment:

  1. is it sad every year I take this more serious than the Super Bowl?

    But that is odd. I highly doubt anyone will take that into consideration, but the awards are usually a classy event...unlike say, MTV VMAS?

    ReplyDelete